Tea is one of the most consumed beverages in the world and why not – there are almost 1,500 different types of tea known to humans. The popularity of the tea is due to the flexibility which allows you to prepare it in a different style according to the individual taste preferences. Indian market is full of different blends of tea, and spiced tea is one of the most devoured drinks of all the time.
A spiced milk tea which is revered by most of the Indians is now getting popular around the world. The spicy aroma of cardamom and heavenly taste of lemongrass is undoubtedly going to make your sip delicious. Let’s see how this delicious potion is prepared:
Serving 3 cups
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoon Black Tajmahal Tea ( I prefer as it’s my favourite)
- 2 Tablespoon Sugar
- 2 Cardamom Pods
- 2 Leafs of Lemon Grass
- 1/4 Tablespoon of Cinnamon powder
- 2 small cubes of Ginger.
Step 1- Take two cups of water in a saucepan and place it on a stove to boil it.
Step 2- Crush the ginger and crack the cardamom pods to powder it with the help of mortar. Transfer it in the boiling water.
Step 3- Add cinnamon powder and lemongrass in the boiling water.
Step 4- After 30 seconds add Tajmahal Tea leaves and let it boil for a minute.
Step 5- Add milk and sugar to it and let it boil for another 2 minutes.
Step 6- Remove the pan from the stove and strain it.
Serve hot with cookies and enjoy the heavenly sip of your “Masala Chai”.
1 cup of tea – 73 calories
Fats- 3.2 g
A perfectly brewed cup of tea is what you cannot resist. Other than being tasty, a cup of tea has many other benefits too. Being a tea fan myself, I would like to mention them here:
- Loaded with antioxidants – Antioxidants prevents the body from oxidative reactions thus it keeps us youthful.
- Less caffeine than coffee – Traditional teas have 50% less caffeine than coffee which means that you can consume it without missing your sleep in the night.
- Reduced risk of heart attack and stroke – A study which was published a few years back found that there was nearly 20% of the reduction of the risk of the heart attack and 35% of the reduction in the risk of stroke among individuals who drank one to three cups of green tea daily.
- Tea may boost your immune system – Tea has been used by the Ayurvedic practitioners for years due to its ability to boost the immune system.
- Reduces swelling around the eyes – Tea bags are known to reduce the swelling and puffiness around the eyes.
- Stress buster – A hot cup of tea is very beneficial in reducing the stress hormones in our bodies.
A perfectly brewed cup of tea is one of the healthy ways to kick-start your day. Recharge yourself with a delicious sip of spiced tea and enjoy!!